Current affairs JANUARY-FEBRUARY 2010 | Current affairs Questions and answers 2009-2010 | Bank po | PART-I
HI Friends Here is 2010 JANUARY AND FEBRUARY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ READY FOR YOU. So take enjoy of these LATEST CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2010 questions.It is very Important for bank PO exams preparation 2010 These Current Affairs questions will help you in Many Competition Exams and School and college Students can also take Benifit of this August - September Current Affairs Quiz.
THIS IS PART-I EACH PART WILL CONTAIN 30 QUESTIONS-ANSWERS
Now which is the tallest Building in the world?
Answer:- Burj tower (828 m) Dubai.
Burj Khalifa formerly known as Burj Dubai is a skyscraper in
Antenna or spire: 828m (2,717 ft).
Floor Count: 160 habitable floors plus 46 maintenance levels in the spire and 2 parking levels in the basement.
Floor area: 464,511 m2 (5,000,000 sq ft)
2. Name the Indian who was awarded “honoris causa” by the University of Talca, in Chile.
3. Hollywood blockbuster “Avatar” becomes the fastest movie ever to rake in $1 billion, faster than any other movie in the history. Who is the director of this blockbuster movie?
Answer:- James Cameron
4. Who has been declared as the worst-behaved player to play for the Australia in the last 20 years by The Sunday Telegraph?
5. Isaac Schwartz, famous Russian personality who has expired at the age of 86 was associated with?
6. Who has been awarded “IBN Indian of the Year Award” in New Delhi recently?
7. Which country has resumed wolf hunting after a gap of 45 years?
8. Who has been appointed as the new CEO of the I-League?
Answer:- Mr.Sunando Dhar
All India Football Federation officially declared that Mr.Sunando Dhar has been appointed as the new CEO of the I-League and he will join from the month of January.
9. Who has been appointed as "Director-Media to the Prime Minister of India" recently ?
Answer:- Binoy Job
10. Who was named as the Player of the Decade by Goal.com?
11. Which country won the seventh World Team Chess Championship held at the Merinos Congress Centre in
12. One of the most successful R&B(Rhythm and Blue) singers of the 1970s and ’80s, passed away recently at the age of 59 after a battle with colon cancer?
The five-time Grammy-nominated singer had chart-topping hits in three different decades with 1978’s “Close the Door,” 1988’s “Joy” and 1991’s “It Should’ve Been You,” plus well-known songs like “Love TKO,” “Two Hearts” with Stephanie Mills and “Hold Me,” a duet with Whitney Houston that featured on Houston’s 1985 debut album.
13. Which car has selected as the Car of the Year at ICICI Bank-CNBC-TV18 Overdrive Awards 2010?
14. Who has been appointed as one of 13 faith advisers by U.K. Communities Secretary John Denham?
Arjan Vekaria, president of the Hindu Forum of Britain.
He has been involved in voluntary work with the Hindu Community in the
15. British hostage who has been released alive after more than two-and-a-half years in captivity in
He was an IT consultant from
16. South Korean steel major which has got final clearance from the Ministry of Environment and Forests recently for acquiring forest land in Orissa for its $12 billion steel plant project?
POSCO signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Orissa in June 2005 for the 12 million-tone-capacity steel plant to be built in three phases by 2016, with production scheduled to begin by the end of 2011 at the completion of the first phase.
17. The well known Indian expatriate businessman from
B R Shetty. He is the founder and managing director of the New Medical Centre (NMC) group of hospitals.
18. The country which officially removed a 22 year old entry ban on foreigners living with HIV/Aids recently?
The change came following a
19. Which country recently issued an orange alert for heavy fog and snowstorm?
20. The 97th Indian Science Congress is held at?
21. Legendary Wildlife conservationist and author who passed away on 1 January 2010, at his home 'Tiger Haven' in the vicinity of the famous Dudhwa National Park in Uttar Pradesh at the age of 92.?
Billy Arjan Singh
Singh, regarded as the godfather of the "Save the Tiger" campaign in
22. Who has been named as chairman of International Pepper Community (IPC) for 2009 – 2010?
V.J. Kurian, Chairman of Spices Board, Ministry of Commerce of the Government of India took over from Mr. Odilson Luiz Ribeiro e Silva as Chairman of IPC at the 37th Session of IPC on 3rd December 2009.
23. The alleged drug lord who was arrested by Mexican police, two weeks after his even more powerful brother was killed in a shootout with troops?
Carlos Beltran Leyva
Two weeks ago, his brother Arturo, reputed chief of the Beltran Leyva cartel, was killed in a shootout with Mexican marines in the central city of
24. Who has won
He has won
25. On January 28 2010, an International Conference on
The one-day conference, hosted by the United Kingdom, the United Nations, and the Afghan government, meant to chart a new course for the future of Afghanistan and brought together foreign ministers and senior representatives from more than 70 countries and international organizations.
26. Which company has been named the 'Technology Pioneer-2010' by the World Economic Forum for developing solar-powered mobile phone base stations, becoming the first Indian telecom infrastructure firm to win the laurel?
Vihaan Networks Ltd (VNL), a Shyam Group company.
27. Which team won their sixth Federation Cup title with a 3-0 triumph over Lajong via penalties in an evenly contested final?
28. Who is appointed as the Vice-Chancellor of the Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT), Kerala?
He is presently working in the Technology Commercialisation office of the
29. Winners of “Man of the match award” in the Tri nation ODI series (
Ist ODI held at Dhaka between
2nd ODI held at Dhaka between
3rd ODI held at Dhaka between
4th ODI held at Dhaka between
5th ODI held at Dhaka between
6th ODI held at Dhaka between
7th ODI(Final of the Tri Nation series) held at Dhaka between
30. Who won the man of the series award in the Tri nation Tournament (India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh) held in Dhaka, Bangladesh?