welcome in this current affairs quizzes blog, we will continuously add new resource to help you on current affairs which will be very helpful in exams. We have already added
HI Friends Here is 2010 FEBRUARY-MARCH CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ READY FOR YOU. So take enjoy of these LATEST CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2010 questions.It is very Important for bank PO exams preparation 2010 These Current Affairs questions will help you in Many Competition Exams and School and college Students can also take Benefit of this August - September Current Affairs Quiz.
2010 General Knowledge, Current Affairs 2010 Gk Questions and more. The Current Affairs Quiz will help you in competitive exams and current affairs of India and the world targeted at getting you ready for the UPSC exam.
So regularly go through Current Affairs Quiz Month wise.
1. Who is the new President of the Indian Youth Congress?
Rajiv Satav, Maharashtra Youth Congress President.
2. Who has been appointed as England captain after Fabio Capello sacked John Terry of the role following allegations over his private life
3. South African player who scored his 34th Test hundred in the recent test match against India?
Kallis, moves level with Sunil Gavaskar and Brian Lara on 34 Test hundreds – only Ricky Ponting (39) and Sachin Tendulkar (45) have more.
4. Who smashed an unbeaten belligerent 210 as West Zone created a world record by successfully chasing down 536 against South Zone to win the Duleep Trophy?
It was the biggest run chase in the history of first class cricket.
5. Name of the four-year medical course proposed by the Indian Health Ministry and Medical Council of India (MCI) which is aimed at meeting the public health challenges in rural areas?
Bachelor of Rural Health Care (BHRC). Earlier it is named as Bachelor of Rural Medicine and Surgery (BRMS).
The BRMS training will be given in three phases - the first two phases will have the duration of one year each and the final one will have 18 months. The internship will have six month duration.
6. Who won the man of the match award in the 20-20 Cricket match between New Zealand and Bangladesh held on 3rd February 2010 at Hamilton?
Daniel Vettori (New Zealand).
New Zealand won by 10 wickets
23. Indian who has received two Australia Day Achievement Medals for his contribution to the society there?
He is the secretary of the Federation of Indian communities, Queensland (FICQ) and a native of Kerala. He has been settled in Brisbane for more than 10 years and won the Lord Mayor's 2010 Australia Day Achievement Award recently.
7. In a country in East Asia., a nine-year-old school girl gave birth by Caesarean section to a healthy baby boy. Which is that country?
8. Name of the 10-foot-long research rocket carrying a mouse, two turtles and worms into space
launched by Iran on 02-02-2010?
Kavoshgar-3, which means Explorer-3 in Farsi.
9. Which country has refused to grant citizenship to a man who forced his wife to wear the full Islamic veil or niqab?
10. Name of the Pakistani neuroscientist trained at an elite American university has been found guilty of two charges of attempted murder after she tried to kill US agents in Afghanistan in 2008?
11. Which country has agreed to accept ground-based interceptors from the United States as part of its missile defense system in Eastern Europe?
12. Which state became the first State in India to announce a ban on Bt Brinjal even before the Centre takes a final decision on the introduction of the controversial genetically modified crop?
13. Man of the match Winners of ODI Cricket series between New Zealand and Bangladesh held in New Zealand.
First ODI on 5 February 2010:
Jacob Oram (New Zealand) for his 83 runs and 2 wickets.
New Zealand won by 146 runs
Second ODI on 8 February 2010:
Ross Taylor (New Zealand) for his 78 runs.
New Zealand won by 5 wickets
Third ODI on 11 February 2010 –
MJ Guptill (New Zealand) for his 91 runs. New Zealand won the match by 3 wickets
New Zealand won the 3-match series 3-0
14. Who has taken over as Director-General of Income Tax (Investigation), Kochi (Kerala)?
15. Indian American author who is currently a member of Arts and Humanities Committee of US government appointed by President Barack Obama.?
16. Who have been chosen for the G.D. Birla International Award in art and culture category?
V.P. Dhananjayan and his wife Shantha Dhananjayan .
They will receive the award along with two social workers, Zokhumi Vankung of Mizoram for service to humanity and Percy Barnevik, a Swiss National, for his work in the rural areas of Tamil Nadu.
17. Chairman of news and current affairs channel -Channel Nepal - and largest cable operator Space Time Network, who was shot dead by unknown assailants in the capital Katmandu?
He was a Nepalese media entrepreneur had two newspapers (now closed) and a television channel "Channel Nepal", which is the first satellite channel in Nepal.
18. Which country now joins Chile as the second country in Latin America to have a cabinet with gender parity?
Bolivia’s cabinet comprised of 10 men and 10 women.
19. Who is elected as Costa Rica's first female president?
20. Name of the long-range missile successfully test-fired and launched by India on 07-02-2010 from Wheeler Island in the Bay of Bengal off the coast of Orissa.?
The missile, which has a range capability of 3500-kilometers was flight tested by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO). This was the fourth flight test in the Agni-3 series. The missile is 17 meters long and two metres in diameter. It was powered by a two-stage solid propellant system with a pay load capability of 1.5 tons.
21. Who became the third South African batsman to score a century in tests cricket on debut?
22. Leaders of 32 countries from Latin America and the Caribbean, meeting in Mexico, decided to exclude two countries from membership of a new organization for countries on the American continents. Name of that countries?
United States of America (U.S.A) and Canada.
23. Name of the jailed Cuban dissident on a hunger strike for 83 days died at the age of 42 on 23-02-2010?
Orlando Zapata Tamayo.
This is for the first time since 1972 that an opponent of the Havana government lost his life during a hunger protest.
24. Which country has swept the Commonwealth Shooting Championship with a whopping 49 medals?
India won 23 gold, 17 silver and 9 bronze medals. England finished a distant second with 31 medals and badges, while Wales ended third on the table after winning 13 medals and badges.
25. A massive earthquake has hit a country in South America on February 27, 2010 killing more than 700 people while leaving untold numbers missing and 2 million displaced, wounded or otherwise affected. Which is that country?
26. A prominent Indian hotelier who has been presented the Community Award in recognition of his outstanding philanthropic work in the UK?
27. Which country’s Supreme Court disallowed kite flying during the occasion of the spring festival of Basant?
Kite flying is an integral part of the Basant celebration.
28. Who becomes the first South African batsman to score 250 plus runs against India in a test innings?
Amla’s 253 not out in the first innings of the first test at Nagpur represents the highest individual innings by a South African batsman in a test innings against India.
29. Who has been named the captain of the Indian hockey team for its campaign in the World Cup Hockey event starting on Feb 28?
30. Who won the Asian Tour International golf title held in Bangkok?
Asian Tour International is a golf tournament on the Asian Tour, played in Thailand. It has been held annually since 2008.
Disclaimer: The author claims full ownership of all articles herein but doesn't claim ownership of all photos posted on this site. If the respective copyright owners wish for their photos to be taken down, feel free to leave a comment and these will be taken down immediately.