Olympics Quiz / Quizzes, Olympic Questions and Answers
1. What is the Slogan of Modern Olympics?
Ans:- “Faster, Higher, Stronger” (In Latin Language, “Citius, Altius, Fortius”)
2. First Modern Olympics held in the year ?
Ans:-1896 in Athens (Greece)
3. How many medals India got in the First Olympic game in 1896?
Ans:- No medal
4. Which country bags the first place in medal list of the first Olympic game in Athens ?
5 Only in one Olympics, Cricket was also included as a competition. Which year?
Ans:-In 1900 Olympics held in Paris. In that game England beat France by 156 Runs and won the gold medal.
6. In the last Olympics held in 2004, how many medals have India got?
Ans:-Only one Silver Medal (Rajya Vardhan Singh Rathod got silver for Double Trap Shooting)
7 In which Olympics, India got her first Olympic medal?
Ans:- Olympic Game held in 1900 in Paris , India got 2 Silver medals and bags the 17th spot
8. Who got maximum Olympic medals in the history of Olympics?
Ans:- Larissa Latynina of Soviet Union . She got 18 Medals (9 Golds, 5 siver, 4 Bronze) from three games from 1956 onwards.
9. Which Olympian got maximum Gold medals in the history of Olympic games?
Ans:- Michael Fred Phelps , an American swimmer got 14 gold medals and a total of 16 medals.(2 Bronze) He got 8 gold medals in the recent Beijing olympics in 2008.
9. The International Olympic Committee (IOC) was founded in the year ?
11. How many events and sports in the 2008 Beijing Olympics?
Ans: - 302 events in 28 sports.
12. What is the distance of the marathon race in the Olympics?
Ans: 26 miles 385 yards or 42.19 km.
13. The only olympian who dead because of the side effects of doping ?
Ans: - Danish cyclist Knud Enemark Jensen in 1960 Rome games
14.The Indian Olympic Association was formed in the year ?
Ans: - 1927
15.The current president of Indian Olympic Association ?
Ans: - Suresh Kalmadi
16.In Which Olympics Leander Paes got Bronze medal for Men’s Singles Tennis ?
Ans: - 1996 Atlanta
17. Who has won the maximum number of gold medals at a single Olympic Games in the history of the Olympics?
Ans: - Michael Fred Phelps of the USA won eight swimming gold medals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics
18. The mascots of Beijing Olympics 2008 are?
Ans: - The five Fuwa, each representing both a colour of the Olympic rings and a symbol of Chinese culture.
19. The official logo of Beijing Olympics 2008 is ?
Ans: - "Dancing Beijing," features a stylised calligraphic character jīng, meaning capital, referring to the host city.
20. The 2008 Summer Paralympic Games, will be held in ?
Ans: - Beijing, China from September 6 - 17, 2008
21. First Youth Olympic Games will be held in
Ans: -Singapore in 2010
22. What is Olympic cup ?
Ans: - The Olympic Cup is an award given annually by the International Olympic Committee. It was instituted by Pierre de Coubertin in 1906 and is awarded to an institution with a record of merit and integrity in developing the Olympic Movement.
23. Who was disqualified after testing positive for performance enhancing drugs at the men’s 100 meters in 1988?
Ans: -Ben Johnson, Carl Lewis was awarded the gold medal later for the same event.
24. When were the winter and Summer Olympics last held in the same year?
25. What was awarded to Olympic champions during ancient times?
Ans: - Crown of wild olives.
25. How often were the ancient Olympic Games held?
Ans: - 4 years
26. In which Olympic the first Olympic Torch was lighted?
Ans: - Amsterdam
27. Who designed the Olympic Flag?
Ans: - Piere de Coubertin
28. Who was the Greek god honored by the Ancient Olympic Games?
29. In which Olympic the women first took part?
France in 1900
30. Where is the headquarters of the International Olympic Committee, the IOC?
Tags : GK for Kids Olympic Questions and Answers Olympic Quiz Olympics quiz for kids SPORTS Sports Quiz
|Current Affairs 2011 eBook Free||Upcoming Bank Exams 2012||Get Current Affair on your Mobile SMS|
|Get Current Affair Trivia Ebook Free||Be aware with upcoming Exams||Free SMS on your Mobile|