Asbestos Awareness Quiz
What is Asbestos?
Asbestos is a useful material made of six different fibrous minerals, namely: chrysotile, crocidolite, amosite, tremolite, anthophyllite, and actinolite. These asbestos minerals come from mines throughout the world, including mines in such locations as South America, Australia and Canada. Best known for its heat retardant capacity, asbestos is used in such products as roofing shingles, automobile brake pads, floor tiles, and assorted gaskets. Asbestos wraps were also commonly used over the years to insulate heating ducts and water pipes in homes, offices, and other buildings.
1. True or False Asbestos is found only in sprayed on insulation.
2. True or False OSHA asbestos regulations apply only to people who work directly with asbestos.
3. True or False Asbestos is a mineral made up of tiny fibers.
4. True or False Blue asbestos is the most commonly used form of the material.
5. True or False Asbestos usually enters the body throught the skin.
6. True or False Asbestos can reduce the transfer of oxygen to the bloodstream.
7. True or False Asbestos exposure can lead to asbestosis and cancer.
8. True or False Asbestos affects the membrane lining the lungs.
9. True or False Asbestos related diseases show several warning signs before they become dangerous.
10. True or False If you work with asbestos and are a smoker, quitting smoking can cut your chance of getting cancer in half.
11. True or False Warning signs are placed at all entraces to asbestos work areas to prevent accidental or unauthorized entry.
12. True or False Almost all asbestos products may in time become hazarous, expecially if their bonding material or matrix is disturbed.
13. True or False "Friability" is the tendency of asbestos fibers to become airborne.
14. True or False Non-friable asbestos can still be relearsed into rthe air.
15. True or False Visibly damaged, degraded, or friable asbestos containing materials in the vicinity are always an indicator that surface debris or dust could be contaminated with asbestos.
16. True or False You have to work directly with asbestos to be at risk from exposure to airborne fibers.
17. True or False You should not drill or cut through materials containing asbestos.
18. True or False If you find any material that you suspect may contian asbestos, it is not necessary to notify your supervisor.
19. True or False Asbestos waste can be thrown away in the regular trash.
20. True or False Never sand ro scrape asphalt or vinyl flooring.
|Current Affairs 2011 eBook Free||Upcoming Bank Exams 2012||Get Current Affair on your Mobile SMS|
|Get Current Affair Trivia Ebook Free||Be aware with upcoming Exams||Free SMS on your Mobile|